Monday 4 December 2006

Monday News!

When I was at school (as a child that is, though I know some of you think that I'm still that now!!) we always used to have to write 'news' of what happened over the weekend!! So I thought that I'd carry on my schooling tradition!

My plan to stitch people up with various photos has taken a turn for the worse since Mr EB seems to be far better at getting dodgy photos than me, but I will keep persisting! Thank you Amy for a cool time at yours on Friday!

My illness seems to be a little better now, thank you for all your concern for those of you who showed it, though some seemed to be a little more caring than others!!

Sunday was good, it was good to see lots of you at church.

And finally, at school we seem like all schools at this time to be in the midst of various plays and Christmassy things so I thought I'd share with you my favourite child 'Christmas mix up' from a previous year.

A small boy had been given the part of Joseph to play in the nativity. His mum had been told about the part that he had been given and thought that he'd be excited to have the main role. However, as time went on he never mentioned what he had been chosen to play and seemed rather sulky about the whole thing. Finally, his mum asked him how he was feeling about the play and asked him what part he had been given, he just replied moodily,
"I dunno, Joe Smith or somebody"

Thought that was priceless!!

Hope your're all doing ok!
Much love Ju xx

4 comments:

Teapot said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Teapot said...

Well, I remember the kids in my class in the small school in the foothills of the Pennines, having to write in their "News Books" each Monday morning.
(Probably so I could count the dinner money!)
I had a LITTLE boy called Carl, who was a Southerner, with a strong Southern accent, aged 5.
He had a very interesting home life.
This was regularly recorded in his News. I s'pose you could call them blogs now!

He wrote about his dad chasing his mum round the settee, and other domestic pastimes.
(Huh, says I to myself, bloomin Southerners!)

The next Parent's Evening was very interesting, as I felt I had to tell them about the "News Book".

It was never quite the same afterwards, wonder why...........?!

D Baynham said...

and don't forget I have those photo's on my PC primed and ready to go, my little Pixie friend ;-)

Actualy I may just put them up anyway as it's Christmas and season to be sharing.

Mullins Burger said...

I'm still filling in stories about what I get up to at school!

Times never change!