Tuesday 13 February 2007

....and to the ends of the earth!

Indeed, this is officially where I am, at the end of the earth!!!! (Well not really, it just feels like it!!) I am in Cornwall for a few days, visiting my family! Cornwall is a very strange place, in the summer, it is truly beautiful, the beaches here are gorgeous and there is no place that I'd rather be (although, I admit that that nice beach we went to in Brazil - would also do just as well!!) However, today it is very bleak here!! The rain is pouring down, I nearly got blew off the cliff whilst walking by the beach and the seas are huge!!

Anyway, thank you all my dear fellow bloggers for your prayers last week, I really appreciated all you messages and support. As the week panned out I kinda felt that things in my life should stay was they are for the moment at least. I did really feel a sense of God's help and presence through the week, which was quite long as against all the odds (i.e. snow!!) we did have school every day and even went ahead with parents evenings!! Thank you all for your prayers.

So back to the original point here I am in wet, cold, dull Cornwall - any suggestions of interesting activities that could be done in this place at this time?!!! (My thoughts thus far consist of shopping and eating haribo!!!)

Lots of love PJ!!! (as in pixie Ju - not ...'and duncan'!!!) xxx

8 comments:

D Baynham said...

In cornwall? not Devon...oh well.

How about shopping for some rock, I like humbug rock ;-) Finding out how to make Pasties I like pasties Cream teas can you see a theme building here? You could always play lets have a pint in every pub in an hour...

JollyGreenGiant1982 said...

I reckon the surf is top so i would have to say that, although I am slightly biased!!
Also i am jealous your at home, dont care what the weather is like Cornwall is my spirtual home, i will live there one day!

The Random One said...

PJ & Duncan....brilliant!

I think you should spend a day busking for Harribo's......maybe a spot of Tractor-spotting? How about try to catcha bus somewhere....that could kill a whole morning

timelord in the tardis said...

Here is a 3 stop day:

1 go to the Cornish Kite shop just outside Mullion and buy the biggest kite you can find

2 next stop the Lizard cafe to fill yourself with several rounds of Cornish heavy cake

3 and finally to the cliffs by Kynance Cove to fly the kite and see if you have enough ballast formt the heavy cake to stay on your feet [and the cliff]

can't wait to hear the result!!

Amy and Amiability said...

Hehe PJ, I think while you are in Cornwall you should "Get ready to Rumble" *rolls about laughing*

The Random One said...

But be careful....if you fly off the cliff with the kite then Geoff won't be happy, The Grove won't be a happy place to be!

It's not easy being small said...

Mr EB - mmmm a pint in every pub in an hour?!!! you obviously know nothing of my lack of tollerance to alcohol!!!
JGG - The size of the waves this week would have swollowed me whole in no time!!
ROne - Everytime I have spotted tractors this week I have thought of you!!
Timelord your suggestion made me laugh lots!! I had a text from Martin this week concerned that I may have blown away - he told me to put rocks in my pockets!!
Amy - I have been practising getting ready to rumble in every spare moment!!!
And against all the odds of wind and rain I have survived the elements so the Grove is still a happy place and Geoff wil be able to sleep easily again!!!!

The Random One said...

Wowo thats alot of info to take in...... sounds like a very productive week all around....look forward to hearing all aboot it in the Grove (or Vesey) later!