Monday 26 February 2007

Wonderwall

No Mr EB, I have not given up blogging for lent!! It's just that when you work two and a half hours a day, like me, you have to fill the rest of your time counting down the days till your next holiday, and seeing as there are so many of them that doesn't leave me with much time!
Anyway, I thought that I'd tell you about the wonderwall in my class. The idea is that the children can post any question at all that they have and we try to answer them.

Questions on the wonderwall at the moment include:

- Do scientists know when the world is going to end and how?

- Who was the first to explore:
1. Drake?
2. Christopher Columbus
3. God

- When was gravity made and will it ever run out or stop?

- Why do we have nails?

- Does God exist (well the actual spelling was 'egsist'!)

- Who is the goodest person in your class?

- Why do the French have so many glass buildings?


So, any good answers form you? Particularly the nail one!! Why do we have nails?!!!!
Or what question would you post on the wonderwall?!!

Lots of love xxx

8 comments:

D Baynham said...

Why do we have nails, so we can knock them into wood to join to pieces together or to keep a horse shoe on a horse..D'uh!!!!

Fingernails, so I can chew them.

Finger nails and Toe nails; they are a hark back to earlier times in mans evolved life I believe, and where there for helping to do small jobs, if you watch a Gorilla or Chimpanzee they will use finger nails to prize open items, by sliding in part of the nail then lifting with the finger. They also use them as a fighting tool, for scratching and damaging. I will use my best David Attenbourgh voice and say "Mans finger nails have changed over the many years, if we watch the great apes......."

What question would I put up on the Wonderwall for Miss Tiddy to answer?

Why doesn't electricity fall out of the plug socket when you remove a plug?

Why can some people curl their tongue up into a V and some people can't?

How does Wireless Internet Work?


What makes a Chilli Peper hot?

Amy and Amiability said...

Why do certain members of my class refuse to believe that Bayern Munich is NOT the capital of Germany?

Why does my google account often not let me sign in?

It's not easy being small said...

Hmmmm interesting Amy - my google account often doesn't let me sign in either - but thought that was part of the ongoing feud between me and the internet (or anything technical come to that!!!)

Teapot said...

What keeps a plane in the sky?

Who invented that dreadful thing called ironing?

Why do birds always fly about ALL the time in windy weather, and not shelter?

Why does my cat Always bring me a present each time I've come home from being away a few days?
(this time he left it in the front room, that was different then usual!)

Robbie, Rudolf & Rusty said...

Why do there have to be mornings?

Why is icing so yummy?

Why can't you touch your elbow with your nose?

Why do clouds not fall out of the sky?

ScubaSis said...

Why is only the white (& therefore most visible) cat hairs that stick to all my black clothes

Mullins Burger said...

Best one I heard answered in a Bible lecture at Nexus:

Q) Could God make a rock so big that He could no longer lift it?

A) Why would He want to?

D Baynham said...

I like that Mullins Burger, that made me laugh.